Thursday, July 2, 2009

Most Acai Products Fail to Disclose the Exact Amount of Acai Juice Content

Nutritionist David Schardt of the Center for Science in the Public Interest said in a recent Readers Digest article "The Acai berry is a good source of antioxidants". But because most of the acai juice drinks advertised do not disclose the amount of Acai in their product "its hard to know how much Acai you’re actually getting in any given product," says Schardt.

Most companies charge an arm and a leg for these unknown blends. One company charges $45.00 for a 750 milliliter or 25 ounce bottle for a blend that has less than 20% acai. However we found one company openly disclosing the amount of Acai in their product with extremely high quality and at what we have found to be an affordable price. Dr. Tim’s Exotic Juices based out of Saint George, Utah offers 100% juice in each bottle with 85% of that in acai and the remaining 15% just two other juices.

What is so remarkable about Dr. Tim’s Exotic Juices is the fact that they openly disclose the concentration of their juice. Additionally we found the "Cryoflux" cold concentration technology to be unique and revolutionary. A 32 ounce bottle of Dr. Tim’s Brazilian Acai Juice sells for $18.95 and if you buy a 5 or 10 pack they pay for Fedex shipping. This is the best value and quality we have been able to find. And the taste is the best we have sampled. You can find this Acai at as well as in a growing number of health food stores and supermarkets.

Source: Reader’s Digest July 2009

No comments: